(Date format: DD-MM-YYYY)
- The Crash 2 screenshots are done. Also, to make things more practical (and easier for dial-up users), the screenshots have been separated by Warp Rooms (and Crash 1's by islands).
- A bunch of early videos is now available for your viewing pleasure. You can find them in the Mysteries sections of The WoC, Twinsanity, CrashTTR and in the demo page of Twinsanity (and its sub-section, Totem Hokum).
- I've decided to put up screenshots for the games in their level lists. So far, only Crash 1 has all the screenshots up and running, but expect more to come as I finish them. Enjoy!
- Thanks to Keiji, you can now see 2 Beta videos from Crash 2 and Crash 3. Expect more early videos to come for other games in future updates.
- Some mistakes and omissions have been corrected and added in the Characters section. Thanks to Tara Cross, Slickboy, Dingodile555 and Tawna for pointing these out.
- Some characters' Japanese names and voice actors have been added and corrected, thanks to NitroKart18.
- New early screenshots: Crash 3, CNK GBA, The WoC, XS, Fusion and CBB.
- A better version of the Japanese CNK cover has been added, thanks to Venusy.
- New stuff has been added to the Merchandise. Credit goes to Pura, Fresh Princess and Zoton2.
- It seems like the Super Turbo Pads cheat does work in the PAL version after all, as pointed out by Alex Kaine.
- Crash is not yet out of surprises. The original Crash Bandicoot from 10 years ago is now available for download from PS3's PlayStation Store (which is, for those not aware, an online store where you can acquire old PlayStation games for a small fee). It can only be played in a PSP, so once the game is downloaded, it should be transferred over to the portable console. Although probably unintended, it's a nice way to celebrate Crash's 10th Anniversary.
A site update should come soon!
- All the missing/bad-quality character models from the PS1 games have been added or replaced by new ones. There are too many to be listed here (over thirty!), but the character list has convenient update marks, so you can check them out easily. Thanks to Zoton for the WoC Pura model and to CrashFan25 for CNK's N. Trance.
- The Japanese voice actors for Velo, Krunk, Norm and Uka Uka have been added- credit goes to Stayinmilk.
- A bunch of Differences Between Versions have been added to Crash 1, Crash 2 and Crash 3.
- More early screenshots for Crash 1.
- New Trivia for Crash 1, 2, 3, CTR [supplied by Vancha (EDX)] and CBB.
- The Crash 1 Transcript has been added, thanks to CrashandCortex.
- Some new Merchandise is up for eye-boggling, with credit to Orange Baron and Mecha.
- All sections for "Crash: Boom, Bang!" have been added/updated, and all respective pages in the Crash-O-Pedia have underwent the same remodelling. Thanks to:
- Crashnconker for writing the CBB content and listing all the stuff.
- GLapi for supplying the cameo models.
- Daxterx2005 for the transcript.
- All characters now sport their Japanese names and voice actors (credit goes to Stayinmilk and Crashnconker for the voice actors, and to InsaneStar for the names).
- The Trivia sections in Crash 1, 3, CNK, Twinsanity and CrashTTR have been updated with more facts.
- N. Sanity Island's entry has been updated. It seems like it does snow there, as shown in Crash 3's ending.
- Some minor mistakes by Naughty Dog have been corrected in Crash 3's Relic Times. The following levels were 0'00''03 off: Makin' Waves (PAL), Hog Wild (PAL), Deep Trouble (PAL), High Time (PAL), Mad Bombers (PAL) and Rings of Power (NTSC). Thanks to Ntropydude for noting these down.
- Several Differences Between Versions have been submitted by Ntropydude to Crash 3 and CTR.
- As it turns out, CTR cheats (except character ones) work in Adventure Mode too, as explained by Ntropydude. Go there to find out more.
- A new secret has been added to CrashTTR, by Joshua Bywaters.
- Mysteries added to Crash 3 (by me), Crash Bash (by Ntropydude) and The WoC (by R. Gin).
- All the About pages have been updated. Again, if I forgot to credit you in "Thank You", drop me a line, if you want.
On the next update, expect a big character models update, along with more neat stuff!
This 'ere is half an update. With "Crash: Boom, Bang!" already out in the USA, it'll be a matter of time before the other half of the updates come, as they're mostly related to the new game. That includes all respective entries in the Crash-O-Pedia, so expect them to be updated next time. Until then, here are a few things to keep you tuned:
- The Storyline Diagram has been updated and renamed into Chronology.
- Each game (except the GBA games and CBB so far) now sports a Trivia section, with general facts about them.
- 3 new transcripts have been added: Twinsanity (by CBFan), CTR and CrashTTR (both by Dr. S. Mog).
If you've sent me or suggested something and it's not here yet, have no fear. It'll be here in the next update. Stay tuned.
- Vivendi has updated the official Crash Bandicoot website. It now sports a number of goodies and character descriptions, as well as being Flash-based.
- With this, the official Crash Boom Bang website is also up. It has a basic overview of the game, as well as some upcoming videos. Perhaps a more interesting thing to note is that Tawna's description says: "Tawna, the blonde bombshell, is crazy about Pinstripe.".
Many years ago, the old official website stated that Tawna left Crash for Pinstripe, but it was not until now that it's become an official thing in the games.
This update was supposed to have been here 2 days ago, but alas, the delay was unavoidable.
Here we have a big update, which I hope pleases everyone. Enjoy!
- A new logo and improved Level GIFs for the site, designed by Sonya L.S.
- Some newer facts and screenshots have been added to Crash Boom Bang.
- The WoC now has a transcript, courtesy of CBFan.
- The second half of Smaz's boss guide for Crash 1 has been added.
- F.A.Q.'s have been written by Smaz for Crash 1, 2, 3, CTR and Bash.
- All Crash 1 Passwords have been added, thanks to Smaz.
- Some interesting mysteries/early screenshots have been added to Crash 2, Crash 3, CNK and N-Tranced.
- 2 WoC mysteries have been explained by Micster: Atmospheric Glitches and Shiny Angel are nothing more than differences from the GameCube version.
- 2 glitches have been added to Crash 3's Cheats and Secrets page.
- BIG character models update, all thanks to Crashnconker: In-Kart models have been added to the main CTR characters: Crash, Coco, Polar, Pura, Cortex, N. Gin, Tiny and Dingodile.
Warp face models have been added to Tiny, Dingodile, N. Tropy, and N. Gin.
Uka Uka's low-rez model was added to his page.
And one from me: Uka Uka WoC model updated.
Also, my deepest apologies about the undelivered Enemies and Spyro pages. They are proving to be too complex, and will not be added for the time being.
- And it's been 10 years already. 10 years since a great platform series started. From the times with Naughty Dog, through Eurocom, Traveller's Tales, Vicarious Visions, Radical and Dimps, Crash and company have made many a person's joy over the years, and it really shows in the devoted fandom we see today. Happy anniversary, you moronic marsupial.
Side-Note: I am working on the real update, heh.
- To those who seem keen on copying and pasting my text entirely for online encyclopedias: learn to be original or copy down the links instead. I make no money off this site, so that's pretty much ripping off voluntary and dedicated work. There's no law that says you can't write your own original text, or ripping your own backgrounds off characters. Thank you.
It's been a month since the site gained an update that wasn't just news-based. Just taking a break myself, hehe. The site has reached a stage where I can't really update it every week, like I did at first, because I feel like there aren't many possible additions for the time being (and if I'm right, that means the site is well on its way).
Also, please excuse anything I might have overlooked in this update. There's been some trouble with my e-mail box, and I think I've lost some suggestions and stuff. If you suggested something and it's not here (and if I told you that I would put it up), please be so kind as to remind me. Sorry for any inconveniences.
Right, let's get on to the updates then!
- Crash Boom Bang's PAL cover added. A bigger version is available in the screenshots page.
- Uka Uka's Crash3/CTR model has been updated, thanks to Slickboy.
- The Trophy Girls now have their own individual CTR models, and all credit goes to Sonya L.S.
- A collection of boss guides by Smaz has been added: Crash 1, The WoC, XS, N-Tranced and Twinsanity.
- Transcript added to CNK, courtesy of CBFan.
- 2 old CNK screenshots have added explanations, pointed out by CBFan ("General Oddity" and "More Oddity").
- 3 new pictures added to The WoC's Mysteries section, thanks to InsaneStar.
- Updated the Power Crystals page (Daxterx2005 pointed out that the Crystals used in The WoC are, in fact, an altogether different set).
Confirmed updates for next time: 2 new pages for the Characters section- Spyro Characters and Enemies. See you then.
"Crash: Boom, Bang!" has apparently seen an early release in Japan (though probably very limited for the time being), under the name of "Crash Bandicoot Festival". Dimps has updated its site with general information about the game.
- Revisions were made all around in the Character profiles. Please keep in mind that all CBB-related info on the profiles will be posted after the game is out.
- Aku Aku now has pictures for his Twinsanity and CrashTTR forms, all thanks to Bruno.
- Crash Vs Cortex has supplied a boss guide for The WoC and a shortcuts guide for CNK.
- Transcripts were added to several games, thanks to the generous people on the forum: Crash 2, Crash 3, Crash Bash, XS, N-Tranced and Fusion.
- New CBB screenshots.
It's been a while since the last update, but that's just how life outside the internet goes for ya. Naturally I would had posted this earlier, but I just couldn't squeeze enough time into it.
- The first video for CBB is now available on G4 TV. Nothing really new or interesting was revealed in that one. To get there, go to page 2 on that link (or 3, 4, depending on if new videos push CBB's into later pages).
- Some more of those early screenshots for your viewing pleasure: Fusion/The WoC (by R. Gin), CTR (by Cyberguy) and Twinsanity's "Crash, Cortex & Pile of Junk 1" (by Dan1248).
- More Merchandise pictures.
Expect more stuff like character profile revisions in the next update!
- The PocketStation game has been added to the Mini-Games- thanks to FakeNina.
- A Crash Bash Character Guide. Thanks to Charlie Ly for motivating me.
- New early Twinsanity screenies, submitted by Foxzet and Crashnconker.
- Another Pack added. Submitted by R. Gin.
- CrashTTR Surfboard added to the Merchandise (yes, surfboard). Credit goes to Crashnconker.
- Some enhancements were made in a few character descriptions, mostly from Crash Bash. Thanks to CBFan and Orange Baron.
- Two guides for CrashTTR, submitted by InsaneStar and CBFan.
- More stuff to come.
- Tons of new CBB screenshots.
- CBB: Story added!
- New CBB details.
- 10 new CBB screenshots.
- Crash Mania is 1 year old! Thanks to all who visited and contributed.
- Timeline updated.
- Now the character profiles have an additional snippet of information on top.
- Mysteries added to The WoC (Quite Old Stuff) XS and CTR found by R. Gin.
- 2 new advertisements added, submitted by Lars E. Mou.
- 4 amazing scans added to "Crash Boom, Bang!", found by CB.
- Happy Easter!
- Update on "Crash: Festival Boom, Bang!".
- Concept artwork and info about the unreleased "Cortex Chaos", all thanks to SpaceCat!
- Tons of Twinsanity art concepts, thanks to SpaceCat.
- "Print Ads" section. "Humiliskate" ad scanned and submitted by Crashnconker.
- A heap of new mysteries: Crash 1, XS, N-Tranced and CNK.
- Energon Spheres in the "Others" section.
- New Pack added- thanks to Kila Tiger.
- Crash Blast update: mention of some previously unreferred targets- thanks to Crashnconker.
- Game Music Collection information- submitted by Slickboy.
- Crash Dance Video added to Merchandise.
- Added a Difference Between the WoC Versions.
- Another in-between versions difference (CTR) thanks to CBFan.
- New pictures for Cellphone Crash Twinsanity, submitted by Merchant Bomberman.
- Introducing the best invention since the wheel, SpaceCat's Trivia Regarding Unused Ideas!
- Twinsanity now has a Gem guide that was written by InsaneStar.
- Cortex's Ray Gun also appears in Crash Bash- thanks to Dingocrikey for pointing that out.
- A lot of new Warped mysteries, submitted by Crashnconker and Slickboy.
- Another lot of mysteries, for Fusion- thanks to Crashrules33.
- New Differences Between Versions for Crash 3.
- Take Cortex to Academy of Evil, by Crashnconker.
- New character profiles: Tribesmen and Ninja Penguins.
- Put up a picture for the Hyperspace Temple, submitted by Lars E. Mou.
- Added info on the Japanese TNT and Nitro.
- Made a page for the Native Village.
- Let's keep the show on the track. Here we are, the first real update in one month, and a sizy one too. Yipee-ky-ay!
- Added section for Crash Festival (even though nothing's available for it yet :P).
- CNK's first mystery added, as well as a big update to CrashTTR's Mysterious Trailer.
- "Others" section updated: addtion of Death Routes and Cortex's Ray Gun.
- The Hyperspace Temple found a home in the "Places" section.
- Block Crates for everyone.
- Added a complete Multiplayer Characters list for Fusion (thanks to Daxterx2005).
- Updated some character profiles. Thanks to CBFan for noticing the incorrect details.
- Updated the Evolvo-Ray's page (seeing as it does appear in CNK).
- All-new "Music" section, featuring information about every Crash album.
- Added the US cover to Twinsanity.
- "Difference Between Versions" for CTR and Crash Bash (thanks to Crashnconker).
- Made a section for the recent Japanese craze, Interactive Pachislot.
- "F.A.Q." section. It was about time there was one.
- "Thank You" section. It was about time there was one of these too.
- Updated the "Timeline".
- Whew. These have been some nasty update-less weeks. Having found out that my computer's been malfunctioning, I couldn't get any work done since the last update. Still haven't. We'll just see if this changes next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- This year marks Crash's tenth anniversary. Related or not, a new game called "Crash Festival" has been announced by Vivendi Universal. Nothing is known about this game except for its name, release date (20th October 2006) and Nintendo DS exclusiveness. Stay tuned for any new news about this mysterious title. Whether this'll be the only Crash game to come out this year is yet to be known.
- Partial update! Yeh! The second part should come in a few days, once again assuming I have enough time.
- Demo sections available for Twinsanity and CrashTTR (Twinsanity's has actually been there since the beginning, just hidden). All credit for the CrashTTR demo pictures and info goes to Crashnconker.
- Tons of new Merchandise.
- Updated CrashTTR's Differences Between Versions ("Boarded Windows").
- Forum Update: General Gaming and Record Book boards opened.
- If you can call these "news", Traveller's Tales Oxford, responsible for Twinsanity, will be developing Super Monkey Ball Adventure this year.
- Big CrashTTR update. Everything pertaining to the game has also been added or updated (respective characters, crates, places, machines, objects, etc.). Credit goes to Crashnconker, R. Gin and CBFan for their submission of some new information and pictures.
- Added info to Monobrow Crash and Spyro- thanks to Orange Baron.
- Added more pictures to the Mysteries sections of Crash 3, Crash Bash, Crash: The WoC and Crash Twinsanity.
- Added new Merchandise stuff.