- Species: Komodo Dragon (Varanus Komodoensis)
- Gender: Male
- Alignment: Evil
Cold-hearted and cold-blooded, the Komodo Brothers are a dangerous duo and masters of the deadly sssssamurai swordplay. Joe and Moe respecively form a combination of brains and brawn, speed and strength, leadership and loyalty.
- Thanks to Samno for the picture.
- Originally designed by Joe Pearson for the original Crash Bandicoot, the Komodo Brothers ended up being pushed to the sequel along with Tiny Tiger, where they were redesigned by Charles Zembillas. Neither of these characters was properly named at the time.
- The Komodos' original designs were considerably different. Most notably, Moe wore a horned kabuto instead of a Jordanian helmet while Joe had no headgear, and both had different outfits and wielded katanas instead of scimitars. A variation of these designs (which seems to have been slightly modified by Charles Zembillas) can be seen in the unused 2D cutscenes for the first game.
- The Komodo Brothers are two of three characters in the series whose naming scheme is inverted (their first names are their species, rather than their surnames), the other one being Koala Kong.
- Both characters were intended to appear in Crash Twinsanity, hosting a racing mini-game labelled "Krazy Komodo Crash Course". This was a parody of the game Out Run, with Cortex (disguised as Coco) in the passenger's seat complaining about Crash's driving.
- A painting of the Komodo Brothers can be found in some of the medieval levels in The Wrath of Cortex, alongside other character portraits.
- There is a statue of Komodo Joe in the track Jungle Boogie from the console version of Crash Nitro Kart.
Crash Bandicoot 2 (Joe)
Joe's original design.
Crash Bandicoot 2 (Moe)
Moe's original design.
CTR (Joe - cutscene)
Joe looks more detailed during cutscenes, but his design is otherwise kept intact.