- Species: Eastern Barred Bandicoot (Perameles Gunni)
- Gender: Female
- Alignment: Good
Tawna is Crash Bandicoot's old flame. Like Crash, she was snatched from the jungle and evolved by Dr. Neo Cortex to be used as one of his minions. When Crash noticed her in Cortex's laboratory, he immediately became infatuated with her, so he took it upon himself to rescue her from Cortex's clutches. He succeded in doing so, but Tawna walked out of Crash's life soon afterwards.
- Like Crash, Tawna was originally a wombat with a vastly different design and a more ditzy personality. Her original name was Karmen.
- Tawna's design was changed from the concept art after concerns by Universal Interactive Studio were raised regarding her sexy appearance and outfit in a family game.
- Tawna was discarded after the first game as an effort by Naughty Dog to please Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, who were not comfortable with Crash having a sexy girlfriend. Coco was soon introduced as the new female character, albeit playing a completely different role and relationship with Crash.
- The story about Crash and Tawna's relationship was elaborated in Japan. The manuals there, as well as some of the in-game text and official mangas, explain that Tawna left Crash for Pinstripe Potoroo. This is generally disregarded in the West, as no mention of these events are made in any game or manual outside Japan.
- Tawna has blue eyes in Japan.
- A portrait of Tawna appears inside Crash's house in Crash Bandicoot 3 and The Wrath of Cortex.
- The Moulin Cortex sign in Twinsanity depicts Tawna in a burlesque uniform along with Cortex.
- Tawna also appears in a poster inside Crash's house in Mind Over Mutant.
Other 3D Models
Crash: Boom, Bang!