An old trailer shows footage of a prototype version of the game:
- The character selection screen is completely different. Pasadena has an unused animation.
- There are different fonts and icons.
- A km/h counter is used instead of a generic speed-o-meter.
- The Fire Guy power-up looks and acts differently. It has limbs, a different face with a wide mouth, and when thrown, it hops around before launching itself forward.
- When cars go off ramps, they tend to flip over almost entirely.
- The start signs are all different, with the word "START" instead of the checkered flags.
Unused Cars / Moai Statue
- A lot of these cars aren't present in the final version. In fact, the only characters whose cars survived the cut are Crash (driving an early Trikee), Coco (Nostalginator) and Nina (PSP car).
- The 3rd screenshot shows the big jump in Tiki Turbo. Notice, however, how the big skull in the background has a Moai statue instead.