On April 2005, 7 screenshots were released. 3 of them stand out because of some major differences between the final version:
Assorted Oddities 1
- Wumpa fruits don't appear in the game at all, as Wumpa coins are used instead. Since you can see a coin icon in this screenshot's HUD, the purpose of the Wumpa fruit in this early build is unclear.
- Crash's shadow is extremely dull. It's the only screenshot where Crash has a round shadow, indicating that this may be the earliest known build. Notice also how nothing else has a shadow, including the Park Drone.
- The coin icon is on the left and has a different font and appearance. Instead of the MotorWorld logo, the coin has an image of Crash, which was taken from a promotional render for The Wrath of Cortex.
- There is a garbage bin in the corner, but there are none in the final version.
- Though this area looks like Happily Ever Faster, it doesn't appear in the final version at all.
- This is outside Von Clutch's castle at the very beginning of the game. The lighting is noticeably different.
- People used to wander near Von Clutch's castle, which is also seen in other screenshots. Look to Crash's left to see a kid below.
- The top and bottom of the screenshot show a Microsoft Windows XP interface. It was likely a development or screenshot tool.
Faceless Fire Guy
- Cortex holds a faceless Fire Guy, which looks just like a regular flame.
- A small blue stripe is on the screen for some reason.
- The car wheels look different.
- Again, a Microsoft Windows XP interface is shown.